May 26, 2020
Dear Patients and Friends of Deerwater,
We would first like to take this opportunity to thank all of our patients for your
understanding, patience, and kindness and applaud you for your enthusiasm for taking
care of your oral health.
As complete health has been ever more important, your Care Team at Deerwater has
been spending our time restructuring, training and optimizing care with you in mind. We
have been looking towards this day to start serving you again.
While many things have changed, our commitment to your health, wellness, and safety
has not. With the enhanced protocols in place to assure safety for everyone, we are
excited to welcome our patients back to Deerwater Dental Wellness.
In order to re-introduce care for your peace of mind and safety, please note these
following changes and updates regarding the:
FACILITY & TEAM MEMBERS
● You will continue to benefit from the air quality provided by Surgically Clean Air
6-Stage Filtration System which cleans, purifies and re-energize the indoor air and
includes UVC that kills all viruses. It captures dust particles, pollen, VOCs, mold,
allergens, viruses, odour, bio-aerosols, nitrous oxide, and many other pollutants
since 2017 in our office.
● Pre-equipped with CBCT to allow extra oral images/x-rays.
● We have installed plexiglass Sneeze-Guards at the reception area.
● All magazines and kid’s toys are removed as they are difficult to clean and
● All fabric chairs have been replaced and moved for ease of disinfection and social
● The operatories are cleaned and disinfected as usual with our strict cleaning and
infection control protocols and with additional UVC disinfection light.
● All high traffic and high touch areas are cleaned and disinfected hourly.
● All our on-site team members are screened daily for COVID-19; mandatory
self-quarantine is imposed if any team member has related signs & symptoms.
● You will also note our team will be wearing Additional Protective Personal
Equipment for Aerosol generating procedures (added Face-shields, fitted masks,
gowns, covers to usual N95 surgical masks, gloves, protective goggles)
● While considering the level of emergency/urgency of your needs, we are
prioritizing urgent care and the patients whose treatment appointments were
cancelled during March-May Closure related to Covid-19.
● If you have a pre-booked appointment before May 31 st, it will be cancelled.
We appreciate your understanding allowing us to address together the impact of
the unprecedented situation for everyone’s best interest. Please rest assured we
will contact you shortly to help you reschedule your appointment.
● As technology evolves and to meet the needs of our patients, we are launching
teledentistry at the end of May. Some consultations, myofunctional training will
now be available online in the comfort of your home. This will decrease your travel
time to the office and maximize social distance precautions while making more
in-office appointments available for the ones who require it. We will provide
detailed information about teledentistry in a separate letter.
● For those who realize the importance of mouth health and are concerned about
chronic inflammation taxing their body’s immunity and health and, are/or
concerned about the delay in their regular oral wellness care, science has a timely
solution for you; avoiding the risk of aerosols related to the present method used
to clean your teeth or treat periodontal disease.
○ Saliva testing and tray therapy have been made available for you in our
practice*. While many activities need to stop, rest assured your oral health
and wellness does not need to halt.
● Please note that special arrangements will be made for elderly patients, children
and/or persons with disabilities. Rest assured, we will guide and assist you step by
step through the changes.
● Office Opening Days & Hours:
○ May: Wednesday and Friday 9AM- 5PM
○ June: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9AM- 5PM
○ July: To be confirmed
As the situation changes daily, we are continuously assessing and updating our process
to abide by the latest guidelines from our governing bodies. To allow our patients and
team to adapt to the new norm, our open days will be part-time in May and June. If the
provincial situation on reopening goes as planned, we are planning to resume our normal
Monday to Friday 9AM-5PM schedule in July.
We understand that there are many changes due to COVID-19; however, we believe that
these safety measures are necessary and will benefit everyone.
Deerwater Dental Wellness is taking the stance to be the hub of safety, health and
wellness in Vancouver for years to come; Health is greater than Disease.
All team members at Deerwater Dental Wellness are looking forward to welcoming you
and your family back to take care of your oral wellness in the days to come.
Best Regards and Stay Safe.
Dr. Isabella Wang and Entire Deerwater Dental Wellness Team
Please kindly REPLY to this email so that we know the updates and new protocols
are well received.
*Learn More Here